- New customer application
- Moving into a new property
- Close my account
- Request a refund
- Direct debit form
Community funding and sponsorship
Changes in load
- Application form for the connection of distributed generation under 10kW
- Application form for the Connection of Distributed Generation up to 10kW under Specified Conditions
- Initial application Form for the Connection of Distributed Generation over 10kW
- Final Application Form for the Connection of Distributed Generation over 10kW
Terms of service
Our terms of service apply to both residential and commercial premises. This means that parties to this agreement (as set out in the terms document below) maybe either individual people (or groups of people), or companies or other corporate entities.
Website terms and conditions
Use of our website is subject to the following terms and conditions of use and all applicable laws. By viewing and using the website you are deemed to agree to these terms and conditions of use without qualification. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you must stop accessing and using the website.
Our network code
Our network code outlines how The Lines Company manages and accommodates electrical loads and the technical requirements involved in doing so. It’s relevant to all our stakeholders including electricity retailers, contractors, developers, customers, consultants and advisors.
The code covers topics such as getting connected, the design and construction of our network, customer electrical installations, our service levels and network operation.
Complaints and disputes
We want to provide the best possible customer service. That means listening to, and understanding, your needs.
If you’re unhappy with any aspect of our service, or have a complaint, please contact us first so we can resolve things as quickly as possible.
How to make a complaint
Select one of the following options:
- Submit your complaint using our secure online complaints form
- Call our Customer Service team on 0800 367 546
- Write to us at Resolutions Team, The Lines Company, PO Box 281, Te Kuiti
- Visit our office at 15 King Street East, Te Kuiti
We’ll do our best to resolve any complaint as smoothly and quickly as possible.
- We’ll acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days.
- We may contact you within 7 working days of receiving your complaint. The reason for contact may include a request for more information to help with the investigation, notification of which staff member your complaint has been assigned to, or a proposed resolution.
- Our aim is to resolve complaints within 20 working days of receiving them. However some complaints may require longer than this. If this is the case, we will inform you of the reason and ask for an extension to continue the investigation.
If we’ve been unable to resolve your complaint, you can contact Utilities Disputes. This is a free, independent service for resolving gas and electricity service complaints. You may refer your complaint to Utilities Disputes if:
- We’ve not resolved it within 20 working days of receiving it; and we’ve not advised you in writing of the reason for a longer timeframe.
- We’ve not resolved it within 40 working days of receiving it after asking for an extension.
- We’ve made it clear that we do not intend to do anything about your complaint.
- You feel you would suffer unreasonably from waiting any longer or it would be unjust for you to wait any longer.
For more information, visit the Utilities Disputes website or call 0800 22 33 40.