Community funding round opening soon
20 August 2020
Community groups seeking funds for upcoming projects and community activities within The Lines Company (TLC) network can submit their applications for funding from 01 September 2020.
“A large number of community-based projects and activities around our network have benefited from TLC funding over the last three years,” said TLC GM Customer & Communications, Jo Ireland.
“Being part of the community is really important to us and it’s more than just being a big employer.
“We want to add value, support local growth and development, and give back” said Jo.
Since 2017, TLC has supported a range of initiatives to the tune of over $150,000 including:
- Brook Park Fireworks, Tongaporutu Summer Events, Turangi Christmas in the Park, Waitomo and Otorohanga district sports awards
- Emergency services, including training and technology
- Otorohanga Riding for the Disabled
- Sir Colin Meads Statue Project
- Waitomo Young Achievers calendars
- Lions and Grey Power community groups
- NZ Shearing Championships
- Junior and secondary rugby, league, dance and other sports from Maihiihi to Turangi
- Ohakune BMX and Whakamaru community skateboard facilities
- School libraries, reading programmes, newsletters, prize-givings and playgrounds
- Community foodbanks, tech start-ups and play centres across the network
- Piopio swimming pool
- Taumarunui Revitalisation Programme.
Preference for the next round of funding will be given to projects or events that have high visibility, will benefit our local communities, are provided free of charge, reach many people, and create better communities.
Applications forms are available here and close on Wednesday 30 September.